Monday, August 10, 2015

Lesson 7. Evaluation of Technology Learning


It has been previously tackled that there is a shift from traditional way of instruction to an active digital-based instruction. Even the skills that has to develop in every learner upgraded from 3r’s (writing, reading, arithmetic) to six basic fluencies. As a result, teachers must also adopt a new mindset in evaluation. These evaluation strategies must measure the basic fluencies and skills acquired by the students.

The change in evaluation in 21st century is referred to as mass amateurization. It means that there must be a mass reach of student’s output. This mass amateurization does not end the traditional writing essay and reporting, instead it has been upgraded. In writing an essay, systematic planning is being done. Editing, lay outing and designing can be apply which can enhance the conception of idea. The use of different software can make the essay writing much more interesting and fun. Students can then post their work to social networking sites and other publishing avenues that internet can offer. Reporting, on the other hand, can be done creatively. The use of power point presentation will enhance the presentation of the students and can access information that is relevant to the topic. These changes then brought to new evaluation tools and strategies of the teacher.

In my experience, I have done reporting both with and without technology. To weigh the advantages of the traditional and digital-based instruction, I can site some points. First is the creativity. In traditional reporting, I have to cut pieces of pictures that are relevant to my topic and can make it as a design to add creativity in my visual aid. In digital-based reporting, templates from power point presentation can make my visual aid a lot more creative. I can also add videos and moving pictures that can enhance my presentation. Second is its convenience. Traditional reporting would let me bring many things such as cartolina, manila paper and more. Contrary to digital-based reporting, it is convenient because all I have to bring is my flash drive. Indeed, traditional reporting has been upgraded and makes reporting a lot more informative and interactive.

The changes brought by technology has brought big impact to both instruction and evaluation. As what other people can say, technology has brought positive effect towards instruction. It greatly benefit both teachers and students. Likewise, it can also bring advantages to evaluation. It would greatly measure what has to be assess in the skills and competencies acquired by students.

As a future teacher, I am motivated to learn more about technology so that I can use it effectively to my future instruction and evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment